Sunday, June 9, 2024

In Your Eyes Poem

     This poem I wrote in 2002, I was a sophomore in high school.  I feel like it is an appropriate start to this blog.  People tend to assume and make accusations about things they do not understand.  For years I have buried my writing for this very reason.  Today, I step out into the light and will bear all to see.  This poem is a note that the eyes can lie.  Assume nothing. 


IN YOUR EYES


I am,

what I am.

I can be,

what I want to be.

I know,

what I am capable of.

Just why can't you see?


You see,

imaginary me.

Instead of seeing,

deep down inside,

I am a human being. 


I am wrong,

I am weak.

But in your eyes,

It's all lies. 


In your eyes,

you see me,

a fake identity. 


I am this,

I am that,

I am everything

but me. 


In your eyes,

of all lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Excerpt from "Stranger in the Darkness"

      She would get lost in those eyes.  The deepness of the brown felt infinite.  So much to be found in the lost depths of the iris. So ma...